Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Slytherin' Up with a 42.

Slytherin' Up

So it really shouldn't be a surprise that I love anything and everything Harry Potter. But.. well.. I should seriously change that. I don't love Harry Potter. I love the Death Eaters, and Voldemort, and the Malfoys, and Slytherin. So with school starting up, and also Mischief Managed about to start a new school year, I decided to do a small Slytherin look for my blog today, because.. I mean, why wouldn't I?

One of my favorite activities in Second Life is roleplaying. Before I got into blogging, and before I started to try to be a wanna be builder, all I did was roleplay. This goes back like.. Oh God guys.. 2006? I started out in Gor, like a lot of people, and then started moving towards either Hogwarts sims, or Urban sims. I still remember my first Hogwarts, with Harry Prefect and Darcy Ruthledge as owners. I met some amazing people there that I still keep in contact.. at times, I have to admit, I'm so shy at times I don't, but! I still keep in touch and love them, and have very fund memories of them. Now, I find myself in an awesome Hogwarts inspired sim, that is just so breath taking and well built, I guess it would be the closest thing to being in Hogwarts for real. I adore this sim, and I actually can't wait to be a part of the new school year! I'm going to be around amazing friends, new and old, and I think it's going to be fantastic. 

So.. I guess this ties in with the group meme that Berry posted this week, because as a blogger, wanna be builder, and a role player, juggling group spots is sooo hard! So I thought I'd give a crack at the meme this week. Here we go! 

Meme Instructions: Answer the following questions about groups and share some of your favs with us. Don’t forget to leave your link in the comments!
  1. Have you reached the 42 group limit? Yup. All the time, regardless how many times I try to clean up! Welp.
  2. Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of? Yup, it's the only way to try to be able to manage them, really.
  3. What makes you want to join a group? Either they have to be a designer that I completely and totally love, a roleplay community I'm very active in, or blogger groups. With designers moving to subscriber style things that send you the item instead of you having to join a group it's starting to become easier to manage. Still though.. designers that don't use this system- PLEASE DO! Kay? Kay. I am so glad we had this talk.
  4. A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees? I'm not a huge fan of group fees either. Though.. i guess.. at very few places it's worth it. The only two groups that I've joined that have group fees are Auxiliary, Mon Tissu, and Gos. The only reason is because the benefits surely do outweigh the cost. Though I'm starting to double thing about Mon Tissu, that was a hefty joining fee, and very little for it, I'll be honest. 
  5. Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that.
    –>Mischief Managed - why? Because Harry Potter. Need I say more? I've always wanted to embark in my own Hogwarts story, and I finally get the chance to do it, so.. if you're an uber Harry Potter fan like I am.. join! But keep in mind.. Slytherin are the only cool people. If you're not Slytherin, you're really not part of the cool group. Specially if you're a badger. LOOKING AT YOU SCARLET CHANDRAYAAN!
    –> Auxiliary VIP group. You get free gifts often, and even though you have to pay a joining fee, Tyr and Ivy's designs are amazing. Love them.
    –> Noodles VIP group. Because.. Nat is an amazing jewelery designer, and she gives store credit for your purchases if you're wearing your VIP tag, and free group gifts. Just for a small joining fee. So of course it's worth joining!
    –> SLBlogger support if you're a blogger is a must! You get to keep up with the community and what's going on, and there's always someone there if you have questions, and they have a nifty little website that keeps up with everything blogger. Love that group.
So that's it for the 42 Blogger challenge..and.. don't forget to join Mischief Managed to become a Slytherin today! Big things will be happening soon! I promise. And don't join the Hufflepuff house. Badgers like to pretend they're cool.. but.. come on, really?

Credits:

Skin: Essences - Sash 01 ~ light rose ~ for Collabor88
Hair: Clawtooth: Angeles - Girl Next Door for Collabor88
Eyes: IKON Ascension Eyes - Gray
Freckles: [PXL] Face freckles (tattoo 2.x)
Moles: Essences - Beauty Marks
Lipstick: ROZENA/ Juicy Tint(t) ~ nude
Coat: (fashionably dead) Tweed Box Coat - Green for Collabor88
Ring: LaGyo_Sasha ring gold
Jeans: Maitreya Flare Jeans  #7
Shoes: fri. - Jane.Heels (Black)
Pose: Del May - Wait for me


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com