Sunday, July 28, 2013

Be Yourself

Be Yourself

Today is Bandanna day, which means.. it's time to ditch our pretty little hair, and show our support for those kids that are losing their gorgeous lucks to this horrible disease. It's hard to see them suffering. I am speechless, I can't imagine a mother going through seeing their child suffering like this.. it's unfair. So today, in the last day of this wonderful event we know as Hair Fair, it's time to show the support. I thought long and hard about how I wanted to portray this.. and I thought.. the best way to do it, was to be yourself.

You might be losing your hair like those children, I know I am! It really doesn't matter, and I'm sorry I'm lacking the right words for this, but.. I'm actually in tears writing this. But I guess what I'm saying is.. it doesn't matter what you look like, you're always a queen or a king. Just have to learn to love yourself. What's outside..it doesn't matter, it will go away. All we need is what's inside, the small things that make us happy. So.. regardless what your position is today, or your health, or.. just whatever, just be yourself, and love yourself unconditionally for it. Like.. for myself, I'm a geek, I'm a dork, I like clothes, and half of the time in RL, I do look like this.. sue me, I'm a total geek, and you know what? I love that about me! It's what makes me unique and fun to be around. 

I want to thank all the sponsors for this wonderful event, every designer that was able to put all the petty differences, and all the bs aside for this event, and I want to thank every single shopper too that has made this event possible, because of you all, a kid will be able to smile when they get a new wig, a part of whom they were before this horrible disease hit them. It's beautiful, really, to see the community coming together for such a big and wonderful event, year after year, like Hair Fair. So thank you, here's to many more years of Hair Fair, and more years where SL residents can contribute to the smile of a child that really needs it. And just remember, despite everything, despite whatever you feel is wrong with you.. just know.. Love yourself, and be yourself. There's nothing wrong with that. In fact, it's what makes you beautiful. 

Credits:

Skin: Essences - Whisper ~ sunkissed ~
Bandanna: *~*HopScotch*~* Exterminate! Bandana
Glasses: [(B)COLLECTIVE]_Midtown_Readers
Scarf: {mon tissu} Infinity Scarf - Cream
Necklace: Noodles - Celestual Necklace Gold/Sapphire
Undershirt: [W&B] Cole Boatneck Top OUTER SPACE
Dress: Patchworks Heart Gallifreyan Dress Doctor 4 RARE
Bracelet: Noodles - Fairy Tale GoldBracelet
Ring: Noodles - Celestual Ring Gold/Sapphire
Leggings: [okkbye] Slashed Tights - Black
Boots: {mon tissu} Provence Riding Boots ~ Gray
Pose: Ma Vie. - Supremely Unleashed 09


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com