Friday, July 26, 2013

Disneybounding: Princess Aurora!

Disneybound - Princess Aurora!

Growing up, Sleeping Beauty has always been one of my favorite movies. Though.. I'll be honest, it wasn't for Aurora, it was the pink and blue fairy, AND Maleficent. I know it sounds weird, but I've always been captivated by Maleficent's character. Younger, I was afraid of her. Like.. that scene with Aurora following the green wisp of light along the corridor.. the music, all of it, it was just.. so eerie. I used to cry in that scene every time. Literally, just.. petrified of it. But then I started to grow up, and I started admiring the work that Disney did on her, the fact that Maleficent was just.. evil. Pure evil. I mean.. you go to Disney, when you watch the Fantasmic! show in Disneyworld... they use her almost as the queen of evil.. darker and more sinister than the Evil Queen herself. Which.. let's face it, she wasn't that evil, she was just vain to the point of insanity really. But Maleficent.. just.. everything about her screamed evil. I loved it. And now with the new movie coming out.. like.. I really hope they don't ruin that. I love her as she is. 

Anyways, the challenge is Aurora. And I wanted to do the mix up of the two fairies. You probably remember how they used to battle each other to turn the dress into pink or blue.. ending up in something like this: 


So.. I mused for days on how to do this, I wanted to do a dress, and then mix it like that in photoshop.. But.. that wasn't the challenge. So.. I figured it out. I had to include both colors in it! It wasn't a choice about pink or blue.. it was merging the two of them into one look. Anyways, I grabbed the top from one of the newer stores in grid, well, making a come back really - okkbye, which I absolutely love. I don't really like bright pink, so the fact that it was soft and sweet was perfect for me, added a headband from Lark, since I didn't have the right tiara for her, and just.. used the Snow white at hand to give it a little bit more of modern edge/attitude. And finished it off with the blue theme with jeans from Maitreya! The end result was a more modern and relaxed Aurora look that looks casual enough to pull off, and well.. still eludes to all the stuff from the movie, one of my favorite parts anyways. Enjoy! 

Credits:

Skin: Essences Clover 02 *sunkissed* brunette
Hair: !lamb. Black Magic (Mesh) - Honeycomb Root
Eyes: IKON Ascension Eyes - Evening
Eye Makeup: MONS / Makeups - Eyeliner Drama - pink
Headband: Lark - Jelly Glitter Headband - Pink 
Tattoo: !Fablab! Believe Tattoo
Necklace: (Yummy) Vintage Bow Charm Necklace (w/ shadow)
Top: [okkbye] Summer Top - Pink [1]
Tiara: Noodles - Purest Snow Tiara Gold/Diamond
Bracelet: Noodles - Fairy Tale Charm Bracelet Gold v2
Jeans: Maitreya Zipper-Skinny Jeans * M #3
Pose: (pda) The Stranger Song (Closed)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com